Day 1: LOVED



Our Give-Away for Today!
When God Pursues a Woman's Heart will help you discover the many ways God loves and pursues you. 

It includes the many descriptions of God from Scripture that resonate with our hearts as women -- God as our Loving Daddy,  Rescuing Knight, Faithful Bridegroom, Protective Provider and Ransoming Prince. 

It's written by Cindi McMenamin, a national speaker and author of several books who helps women find strength for the soul through a deeper intimacy with Christ. For more on her books and ministry, and for free resources to help you feel loved and strengthened in your walk with God, see her website:  www.StrengthForTheSoul.com.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


Imagine seeing this little girl shopping with her parents in the grocery store.
Awww, you think, how sweet!
But as you walk closer, you hear their harsh words to her:
  • “I can’t believe you…!”
  • “When will you ever learn to…?”
  • “You were so stupid when you…!
  • “Are you trying to cause more work by…?”
  • “You are just way too…!”
You Can’t Talk to Her That Way!
How might you feel and what might you think? I’d likely feel and think:
  • TendernessPoor dear...I wish I could give you a hug!
  • SympathyHoney, I know how you’re feeling.
  • HeartacheWords like this can wound so deeply. 
  • IndignationOh sweetheart, you don’t deserve to be spoken to this way!
  • Anger – I’d really want to march up to those parents and tell them, “You can’t talk to her that Way!”
And I would be a hypocrite.
After all,
I Am This Child
I talk to her this way every day:
  • I can’t believe you said that; whatever will they think of you now?
  • When will you ever learn to just. think. ahead. a. little. bit? 
  • You were so stupid to put Chap-Stik in the dryer! 
  • Are you trying to cause more work by forgetting to pay the phone bill? 
  • You are just way too “high maintenance.” 
I Am His Child
I talk to myself this way, as if other people are the ultimate measure of my worth.
And it breaks my Father’s heart.



Unloved Forever?


Sick and tired of conditional human love, I once wrote these lines to a poem:
I almost never measure up,
just every now and then.
I'd rather be unloved forever 
than only be loved "when."
I got one thing right: imperfect people will always love me imperfectly. At best, they will only love me “when.” 
What I got wrong is resignation to being “unloved forever.”
In fact, it’s not just wrong. 
It’s impossible.
Love Everlasting!
(Can't view the image? Click here to download Ephesians 1:4)

You and I can’t just give up and “be unloved forever.”
It’s impossible because “even before He made the world, God loved us.” 
And He’s no quitter.
He tells us, “I have loved you...with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.” Jeremiah 31:3 (NLT)

When we give up on seeking our worth in other people and allow God to draw us to Him, we discover this truth:
        The purpose of my life is not to be loved. 
          My life has purpose because I am beloved.

Try this today: Tape a childhood photo to your mirror along with Ephesians 1:4 as a visual reminder that God loves you. 


He always has, and he always will!  

You. ARE. Loved.



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Please leave a comment 

  • responding to today’s blog, and/or
  • sharing your Day #1 experience of replacing “baditude” with God’s word and gratitude, and/or
  • about anything else on your heart!

    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    (Catch up on any "Warm-Up Week" Blog Posts!)