Take this survey, and I'll send you your choice of my CDs for free!
|"Blessing Bins" ready to go to church!|
On Friday, I had an epiphany: I’ve been focusing on loss.
I’m losing my beloved books.
Yes, I’ve tried to “gently” force...er...nudge myself through these necessary losses.
But it’s still been all about loss.
- Giving away.
- Getting rid of stuff.
All about what I will no longer have.
But Friday, a new idea showed up via Luke 6:28:
And I started thinking entirely different thoughts:
- Who can I bless with my books?
- How can I be a blessing to others by sharing of my abundance?
- How can my “too much” solve their “not enough”?
With God’s Word
On Day 20, I shared Florence Littauer’s “Silver Boxes” message about building others up with our words.
(Can't view image? Click here to read Ephesians 4:29!)
On Day 21, I wrote about learning to hold my tongue by holding God’s word in my heart and, ultimately, saying “yes” to His invitation to simply hold me.
(Can't view image? Click here to read Proverbs 10:19!)
I need to let go of my urge to build up a store of so-called “treasure” here on earth and devote my energy to building up the people in my life.
I need to Let God fill my life so much that I “consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord.” (Philippians 3:8)
I need to let go of the stuff I hold and practice, instead, holding God’s word until it’s the first thing to come to mind.
I need to Let God hold me when I feel like reaching for more stuff to comfort me.
|New bookshelves in women's class at church!|
from my journal:
Today I’m praying…
- … to quit building for myself; it never lasts.
- … to quit holding onto things; they always disappoint.
Today I’m watching for…
- … for more "stuff" that will bless those who need it and will use it!
- … opportunities to build Jonathon and Daniel.
Today I’m appreciating…
- … that holding my tongue is less difficult/painful than it was two months ago.
- … do-overs for when I blow it like I did this morning!
- How might the difference between "loss" and "bless" applying to your de-cluttering of stuff and baditude?
- How might you change how you "build" and/or "hold"?
- Other thoughts / reflections / insights on today's topic?
Can't see the Rafflecopter? Click here to go to our TPC "lite" Prizes tab to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway