Each day in October, Untangling Christmas by Karen Ehman and LeAnn Rice, will be our give-away prize!
“Why is it that the holidays string us out and knot us up? This sparkling little book easily and happily untangles it all — so you can do what you really want with the holidays: Tie heart strings.”
Ann Voskamp – author of the New York Times Bestseller, One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are
“Reading Untangling Christmas is a better tonic for holiday stress than spiked eggnog! My racing mind took a yuletide break by the fire, my breath slowed down and inhaled the distinct aromas of the season, and my blood pressure thought I was lying on the beach in the middle of summer. If you’re looking for a fun-filled, guilt-free, memory-making, stress-less Christmas…Karen and LeAnn have written the book for you!”
Lisa Whelchel – author of Creative Correction and “The ADVENTure of Christmas”
* * * * *
I sat down to record a short video to walk us through the steps of The PURSE-onality Challenge "A Holiday-Ready Heart".
Almost 20 minutes later I realized that I failed to make a "short" video!
So, I edited it down to 8 bite-sized segments. Here they are, along with the main points as bullets:
Part 1: Integrated vs. Complicated? + Blog Comments
- I love pulling several concepts together and integrating them.
- Others might find this too complicated; do what works for you!
- I've scheduled time to respond to blog comments and e-mails (which I failed to do in May).
Part 2: John 15:9-17 and "A Holiday-Ready Heart"
- In order to be "A woman whose love protects" I must remain in Christ's love
- Remaining in His love results in joy
- "A Holiday-Ready Heart" is one that loves others
Part 3: Using the Bracelet
- Move the bracelet when ever my thinking needs to shift
- Change wrists for: Complaining, Criticizing, Gossipping, and using Sarcasm...any "baditude" that keeps me from being "a woman whose love protects"
- Switch from an "if it bleeds it leads" headline to a thanks-giving headline
- The bracelet may be ordered along with the "gift cards"
Part 4: Using the 31 Bible Verse Cards
- Keep the verse of the day nearby -- ready when I need it!
- Interrupt "baditude" with God's word.
- Replace "baditude" with God's word.
- Pausing to focus on God's word makes a huge difference!
Part 5: "Let's Get PURSE-onal!"
- This is my message on the four "PURSE-onality" types.
- You'll understand your basic PURSE-onality needs and the needs of those you love and work with.
- You'll understand how to better get your own needs met.
- You'll understand how to adjust your expectations and approaches to others.
- You'll learn to focus on others' strengths.
Part 6: The Journal & "Gift Card"
- Journal invites me to Pause, Pray, Perceive, and Praise
- Journal reminds me to focus on the strengths of others when "baditude" tempts me to focus only on their weaknesses
- Journal gives me a place to physically write my prayers, remind myself to seek strengths, and list gratitude
- "Gift card" is a quick reminder of the strengths of each PURSE-onality
Part 7: Walking Thru a Real-Life Example
- Step 1: I become annoyed at Daniel.
- Step 2: I switch the bracelet.
- Step 3: I interrupt my "baditude" with a Bible verse card and replace it with God's word.
- Step 4: I redirect my thoughts toward appreciating Daniel's strengths via the "gift card."
- Step 5: I reinforce my gratitude by writing in my journal--I pray for Daniel, I set myself up to seek his strengths, and I put my appreciation of him into words.
- Changing my mind changes my feelings!
Part 8: Deciding What Works for You
- Does doing everything together sound wonderfully integrated? Great! Try it and enjoy it!
- Does doing everything together sound overwhelming? Then only do what you feel led to do!
- Maybe it's just wearing the bracelet to increase your awareness of "baditude"
- Maybe it's making your own set of Bible verse cards to get God's word into your mind and heart.
- Maybe it's listening to "Let's Get PURSE-onal!" and applying that information to your relationships.
- Maybe it's writing in the journal to focus on Pausing, Praying, Perceiving, and Praising.
- Maybe it's using the "gift card" and watching for the strengths of the people you interact with.
- I can't control what will happen in November and December.
- I can be intentional about pray-paring my heart now.
- I will be a woman whose love protects when I am abiding in His love.
- I will celebrate Jesus' birth with joy when I am abiding in His love!
Parts 1-8 All Together
- Any questions?
- Any suggestions?
- Anything else on your heart!
a Rafflecopter giveaway