TPC "lite": Empty Spaces, Open Places



(Welcome to a whole new week of drawings for YOUR choice(s) from these great prizes with several ways to enter each day! Click on the post title above to get to the blog and then scroll down to the Rafflecopter at the bottom of the post, or go to our Facebook page and click the Rafflecopter tab!)
I've always quipped that "I don't have a book problem. I have a not-enough-bookshelves problem!"


After writing yesterday's post, however, it appears my next step is to admit: 


I. Have. A. Book. Problem.


And I need to do something about it.


Now.


Well, not "now" as in immediately. If this is going to happen gently, it's going to have to happen over the upcoming days.




Empty Spaces


So for today's blog post, I'm just going to share a few of the empty spaces I'm seeing in the house.


My desk doesn't have nearly as much "stuff":



The book stack is gone from my nightstand:



The entry way is clear:



There's new space in a cupboard, and the chair no longer holds a pile of laundry:



Open Places

After a month-and-a-half of intentionally switching my bracelet and replacing "baditude" with God's word and gratitude, I'm feeling open places in my heart. 
My new magnetic white board. As I "fix my face" each morning I can fix God's word in my heart.
Frustration doesn't flare the way it used to. 

I haven't said things like, "Cheri, what on earth are you doing?" and "Come on, Cheri, get it right for once!" for quite a while.


Changes to my plans don't blind-side me.


I feel places opening up in my heart.


Calm places.


For peace.


For joy. 



For hope.
(Can't see image? Read Psalm 34:4-5 and Day 13 here.)



Your turn! 
  • What "baditude" do you think/know is lurking behind your "stuff"? 
  • How can you flip it to gratitude?
  • Other thoughts / reflections / insights on today's topic?

After you comment, be sure to head to the TPC "lite" Rafflecopter for 10 entries into this week's drawing!  

And when you share this blog post on Facebook, you'll get 25 entries!

a Rafflecopter giveaway